Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fiona is out of the hospital!

There has been a flurry of communication from Jane regarding Fiona.  Fiona is out of the hospital and doing better. They did find that two of her meds needed adjustment as they were at subclinical levels.  I am not a lover of meds but I trust them on this.  I want her to be safe and I want her to not be in such constant emotional pain.

I also got the green light to write a letter to Fiona's new social worker and the social worker's supervisor asking that her case be moved to our area.  It is not a guarantee but it is a start.

And in a moment of clarity, the plan to have Fiona work toward an overnight visit here has been revised.  She only needs to make a month of safety requirements at the Great School to qualify.  She has done 3 weeks before so while this would be something that she would work to achieve it is not unattainable.  Previously they would not consider it unless she had 6 safe months.  Which I never really understood why 6 months??

Fiona will call us tonight.  I am excited!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Glad she's out and hope that she gets to visit soon.