Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby it's cold. . .

The song continues on with the word "outside."  Except that when we have periods of extreme cold like now, it also applies to the inside of our home.  The down side of living in a large drafty old Victorian is that in times like this, it is COLD.  So cold we have one area of our kitchen where we store pans and such blocked off to keep the wind from whistling across your feet.  So cold that I have been going to bed at 9:30 because I am warm in bed.  I am wearing so many clothes that I look like a bag lady.

The kids are not nearly as bothered as I am. They are only annoyed that they can't really play outside with the below zero wind chills in effect.  However, having Reynaud's makes my extremities cold all the time and when the house is not warmer than about 58, that pretty much translates to me being a popsicle.

 So I am taking artistic liberty and whining about my misery on my blog.  Right about now I wish I was a bear so I could curl up and hibernate and wait till spring.  Since I can not do that, I have tried to put my mental energy toward warmer thoughts.  I registered Rob for his week of summer camp in Maine.  He will be there from the end of June into the first week of July.  He is really looking forward to it.  I sent an email to the place where we want to camp with friends in the White Mountains and am waiting to hear back from them.  I have studiously been avoiding weather reports that giddily detail every time the temps dip still further, I don't need to know it is going to get colder, I have to focus on the positive!  It will get warmer, it will get warmer. . .


No comments: