Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Beginning Anew

Today is the first day of the new year and the last day of my vacation.  I will miss this family time.  There have been lots of little treasures during this hiatus from work.  Like the littles crawling into bed with me in the mornings to chatter and giggle.  Like leisurely breakfasts and suppers when all of us are together. (My wife has been on vacation too.  Usually it is just the kids and I at home in the evenings.)  I have enjoyed cleaning our home in a leisurely manner.  Well, leisurely is sort of relative as I am a high speed person. But I have not had to look at the clock  and say "oh, 15 minutes, I can sweep the floor, load the dishwasher and fold the dryer load because then it will be time for Lissa's shower!"  It has just been more laid back feeling than that.

I have also practiced my weird goal of mastering snowboarding the hill in our backyard.  Today I made it almost to the bottom of our hill after KC and Lissa gave me lots of tips.  They are good teachers.  Lissa who is newly 6 can all ready do the ramp they have created at the bottom of the hill.  The ramp is not on my goal list!!!  She is utterly fearless that wee miss and she has tremendous balance.  I am in awe of that.  I also am impressed at how well both kids could help me out, pointing the changes i needed to make in my stance in order to have a better run.  I'll miss snowboard class too, as the only times I can do it now are on Saturdays or Sundays.  Time to be a grown up again!


No comments: