Sunday, November 1, 2009

More Halloween Pics

Lissa is just too sweet as a yellow M & M! OK, sorry folks, couldn't resist the play on words. Yellow is her new fave color and the costume was her choice. Kirsty, our resident seamstress extraordinaire, made both KC and Lissa's outfits.
KC is showing how fierce black cats are on the spookiest night of the year! The pose was his idea, such a shy, retiring little child! LOL
It was a wonderful night and we did tons of walking through the neighborhood after our spooky supper and a visit to my job's party. I am all about packing in the fun. I wound up carrying Lissa home as she was exhausted, but for the longest time she wouldn't give in and let me carry her.
The majority of the wind and rain held off, there was rain periodically and the wind though warm lent that "spooky" feel to the night as leaves whipped past us and the occasional branch lashed out at us.
Chet surprised me and wanted to pass out candy at our house and was bitterly disappointed that he only had 2 customers. Usually he stays in his room and I was impressed and excited by the fact that he was a more participatory member in the festivities. He jammed a little red bike helmet on his head and put on his red coat and informed me he was a "biker dude". It was all good to me!
The 2 younger boys traded out their candy when they got home. This is an annual ritual as KC hates chocolate and bargains his chocolate to Rob for anything he does like. Poor Lissa by this time thought they were EATING all their candy and was furious that I was saying it was time for showers and not eating. Just not a bone of rational thought left in her mind, but KC helped calm her and soon the two of them were showered and storied and off to bed. . . to waken at 5:13 this morning! Gotta love it!
I believe the veil between our world and the afterlife is thinnest on All Hallows Eve. I hope the spirits of those departed family members could see the love and laughter that lit our house last evening. It was not just candles lighting the dining room, it was sparkling eyes of our children. I felt so lucky.

1 comment:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Sweet costumes! Bucksquat went in drag as Sarah Palin. Cal was a pocket protector wearing nerd.