Friday, May 18, 2012


I am shamelessly borrowing Rob's photo of the sunrise from our lanai when we were in Florida.  There were the most amazing sunrises there that week. . . Sunrises are about new chances and opportunities to grow and last night I watched KC make a milestone of growth at his dress rehearsal.

Unlike years past, he had NO anxiety issues.  The back stage crew all remember him and introduced themselves to him and he was cheery and happy.  Not serious and shaking.  I did not have to be in the wings on stage for him as I have in previous years. I walked him to the stage and quietly stepped back.  Last year he would have broken line and clutched my hand like a drowning person.  This year, he just kept walking.

So I got to sit in the audience and watch the rehearsal.  The numbers are so cute and I enjoyed it so much.  I didn't enjoy as much the fact that we were there from 3:30 to 9 p.m. LOL  But ironically, KC did.  (thankfully K could come pick up Lissa when her part was done as it was too long for her to hang around).  KC said that last year when Miss Heidi grouped the younger kids together for practice he felt more scared because he didn't really know where he was in the program.  So he would rather stay later and have the feel of the whole show.  Which makes sense.

So my crazy life is filled with recital stuff this weekend.  Plus we have 15 yards of mulch to spread and yesterday was the first decent weather day since we returned home from vacation. Which means very little of Mulch Mountain has begun to cover the front beds.  K and I have a gigantic piece work order and we have never done this particular job before.  It is due next Friday and while the pay will be good, figuring out the time slots to work on it with all the other stuff going on is making me a wee bit um, crazy!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Beautiful picture! I'm glad the experience at the play rehearsal went so well.