Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dance Fever!


This goof ball is my dancer. Lissa takes lessons too, but it is too early to tell if she is liking it or just along for the ride. I finally screwed up the courage today to tell his dance teacher, the sweet Miss Heidi, that he would not be there next Saturday.  Next Saturday would be the last regular class before recital.  My heart was in my throat.  My palms were sweaty.  I am not joking--I come from a dance family and I know what my aunt or my mother would have said if I had "pulled a stunt like that" (that would be a quote I know I would have heard from them)  before a recital .  Eeek!

Thankfully Miss Heidi is way more easy going.  She said that it was fine and KC had his routines down cold.  That in fact, she has two close friends who come each year just to watch him because he has grown so much as a dancer over the past 4 years.  I was shocked.  I love to watch him dance but I figure I love to watch just about everything my kids do.   But Heidi feels he has real talent and she can also see he is getting annoyed with the flightier girls in his class who don't take it all as seriously as he does.  So, it is all good.  I bought the tickets for the show that will be on the 19th and 20th, and went home with a song in my heart.

No comments: