Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fun Visit With Friends

Today had an added twist to our Saturday fun.  After our usual tranquil morning (LOL) of banking, post office, library, dance class and shopping, we had an invite to a pot luck party at a friends house up the street.  Their daughter is a friend of my kids and the mom and dad and I made friends while our kids played at the nearby park.  I brought arroz con gandules (and the kids.)  LOL  It was  a really enjoyable time.  I suspect my wife is very glad she was working and not at the gathering. She doesn't like meeting new people and everyone except the hosts were new to us.  But interesting people and great fun to talk with. One couple were art professors and I loved talking with them about art exhibits they had seen recently.  They had vacationed in Puerto Rico as have I and they even knew gandules were pidgeon peas (which in my day to day circle most folks don't know!) Another couple were equally friendly and interesting, and then there was a lady whose house we walk past all the time.  She has pet ducks and we often take a walk to see her ducks.  Never actually met the ducks' person before today but she is very nice.  So we spent an enjoyable couple of hours visiting and eating and playing with the kids and then I excused us as for poor Blake this was not a great Saturday.  He has to be crated when we are not at home and today made for much more crate time than is usual. So he is now cuddled on the couch getting extra loves for his earlier inconvenience!

No comments: