Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Processing the Visit

Fiona called last night with Jane and we processed the visit (sort of) and had our usual chat.  It was more of hte latter and a bit of the former.  What Fiona did want to know from me was what her brother Rob would like to talk about as she felt he was very quiet.  I explained that at his age Rob is all about sports so she has made a plan to talk to someone at her school about the Red Sox or the Patriots.  I tried to also get across gently that Rob is the kind of guy who will talk a bit (heavy stress on bit) like have those 3 or 4 sentences and then that is it for a while.  Unlike Fiona who has always been a talker, Rob is more like Dee their bio-brother who is also on the quieter side.  The plus here was that Fiona was really explaining herself well when she talked with me about this.  I was impressed at the flash of maturity that I could see in this part of the conversation.

We are looking toward a June visit, which Jane emailed later that Fiona was a little sad it was so far out.  However I also know that Fiona has no time sense and by the day after tomorrow (or today!) she will most likely not feel upset about it.

The little kids clamored for turns to talk to her and I suspect she could hear that over the phone.  Actually I suspect people in other counties heard it! LOL  Jane sent me another email thanking me for the visit and saying that she thought I must have been exhausted by the trip.  Oddly I wasn't; I think I was just so excited and nervous about seeing Fiona again that it tamped down anything else that I could possibly feel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like a great sign that Fiona is concerned about making Rob comfortable! I'm so, so glad this went well. I'm happy for her that she has all of you in her life.