Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going on a Whale Watch!

Some weeks ago the wildlife sanctuary where we do a lot of homeschool related classes asked if we were interested in participating in a whale watch experience.  I asked Rob and KC and they were very excited.  Lissa would of course be going too. Chet with his motion sickness issues would not.  I called and said I would love to bring the 3 kids. They started registering me and when they got to Lissa there was a big ole "oh no" from their end of the phone line.  They felt Lissa at 3 was too young to go.

OK, no problem, I said.  Take us off the list, because while she may not know whales from  goldfish snacks she is sure going to know her brothers got a cool boat ride and she didn't.  And my girl has LUNGS and it truly wasn't worth hurting her feelings. I realize that I am rather odd.  We mostly do things together and I find that by and large littles who are properly supervised can enjoy experiences that are older than their calendar age.

They reconsidered!  They called today and said all of us could go and  they could do transportation from our central Mass location to the ocean.  How totally cool is that? I all ready submitted and got my vacation day request approved.  So think good weather thoughts for April 23rd when the 3 kids and I will sail the seas looking for whales!

3 comments:

Todd said...

Cool. Sounding like there is a lot o' fun to be had shortly! :)

Mama Drama Times Two said...

How very cool! Have a blast! Are you going out of P-Town? We did a whale watch on the Portuguese Princess and it was AMAZING.

Dia por Dia said...

I know I am commenting on this way after the fact but I had to say that Milagro (now 2 1/2) LOVES whale watching. She has been on 2 out of Gloucester. (By far the best whale watches around.) She did her first one at around 1 and didn't remember it but last summer when she was almost 2 she had a blast and STILL talks about doing more!