Sunday, February 24, 2013

Let it Snow!

The snow has arrived.  It is that heavy wet snow.  I have a love/hate relationship with this kind of snow.  It makes driving more treacherous in my opinion.  BUT it is to me a harbinger of spring.  Our true winter storms have lots of the dry fluffy stuff. When the water content is higher, spring and the maple sugar runs can't be too far off.

KC and I love to walk to the downtown Dunkin D*nuts when there is a storm. It is about a 1/4 of a mile each way but things are magical when the city is quiet.  This time Lissa came with us.  She did not find it quite so magical.  Snow in her eyes.  Snow in her boots. Skidding in slush grossed her out.  Brown snow from the sand trucks grossed her out (as opposed to KC who thought it looked like when we put cinnamon in a baking mix)  Ah me, the girl is going to be high maintenance.

They both enjoyed buying their bagels and coolatas though.  I got a coffee and after about a 30 minute eating break we headed back.  What a difference a half hour makes!  Suddenly the city was alive with plows, shovellers and such.  But it was fun, and with a little luck, maybe this is our last winter storm!

No comments: