Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blurry Sickness Thoughts

I hate being ill and I am a lousy patient. I am rarely down enough to require any extended time in bed but yesterday I had to lie down for a long rest and today I was in bed almost all day.  I am up now becuase I am home alone with the littles and I won't let them be outside if I am not up.

I am angry because I missed hearing my son play a prelude and the offertory at Youth Sunday at church today.  I missed hearing his girlfriend sing a solo.  I missed taking a walk with the littles post church.
All this goes in the feeling sorry for myself part of the blog.

The positive part is that I can see another sign of Rob's growth and development in this incident.  Me being sick no longer terrifies him and causes anxiety.  I don't have to stand at the stove and pretend I am fine. I can tell him what is wrong and he knows that what I say is true and nothing awful is going to happen. He knows too that this is the first event I have ever missed of his and that I was legitimately sick.

He texted me today to see how I was doing and made a comment on one of my Facebook entries.  He knows I  love him and that I can be counted on.  Another sign that the relationship is healthy, even if the mom isn't at the moment!

No comments: