Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter



Happy Easter! Happy Spring!  Happy Family Together!  It has been a great holiday and I feel beyond blessed.  Fiona had a great time and so did all the kids--and of course me too. If my kids are happy, I am happy.  Here I tried to get a quick pick of everyone before we headed out the door to church.  Spiffy looking crew aren't they?  Fi helped me with the egg hunt at church.  Tons of kids this year and many all decked out.  In the past it has often been only my tribe that have been in Easter best.  Not that it matters. I don't do it to show off.  It is a tradition in our family to dress a little spiffy on Easter--the everyone wearing the same color thing is a spin my kids put on it.

I slept on the floor last night in Lissa's room which is right next to my room and gave Fi my bed.  I am glad I slept close by as Fi had a bad dream and I was awake in a heartbeat and there with her.  I feel badly because I know she has bad dreams almost every night. What a legacy of trauma and turmoil for a young woman to bring forward into young adulthood.  But at least I was there, and her breathing slowed and we talked a little and she went back to sleep fairly quickly.  I'd like to believe the memories of today will keep the demons of the night at bay but that is probably not likely.  But maybe they will make her smile when she is awake. I  know I will.

1 comment:

Michele Feiner said...

"I'd like to believe the memories of today will keep the demons of the night at bay but that is probably not likely" Love this comment and so often feel this towards my own...