Sunday, February 21, 2010

Computer woes and Little

So Friday the computer crashed again.  It had started being wonky late Thursday and we suspected something evil had infected it.  We have anti viral software but clearly the virus was stronger than any anti-viral stuff on our computer.   Tech guru rode in Saturday a.m. to the rescue.  It is working now after he spent 4 hours on it.  But I have to call him back (sigh) as he only charged me for 3 hours with the understanding I would down load a registered copy of Malwarebytes.  I tried but the computer ran into a problem down loading it and wasn't able to do it. So tech guy will have to see what is up with that.  I am glad this guy does not mind children.  Or dogs.  Or cats.  Or just about anything.  LOL  He is amazingly mellow for a tech guy.  Usually in my experience they are very much a breed apart and don't always do well in the interpersonal part of things.  Mike isn't like that bless his soul, and his techie brain and everything else that got us back to cyber land.

How I wish I had a mac still.  Sigh.  You just don't get viruses with Macs.  Even the tech guy agrees.  He adores macs.  Can work on pcs but totally recommends them.  If  I win the lottery (which is somewhat unlikely since I rarely buy tickets)  I am getting a new mac.  I don't like laptops.  I have really long fingers and it is hard for me to type accurately on shortened keyboards as I keep overshooting so I need the bucks for  a desk top model.  Actually Mike said if I see something interesting on craigslist I could even call him and he would let us know if it sounded like it would meet our needs.

The kids and I decorated for St. Patricks day while Mike was performing CPR on the computer yesterday.  We're looking very Celtic around here at the moment.  Shamrocks positively abound!  Something about the green of st patricks day is a great thing this time of year though.  It seems so long since we have seen green growing things and the kelly green reminds me of that.

And this morning, KC came down for church clutching the hand of someone at his side.  Someone we could not see.  His imaginary friend.  His name is Little.  KC introduced us.  He said Little wanted to come to church but I noticed that around his friends there was no mention of Little.  Too funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spacify offer a wide selection of computer desks to decorate your modern office.