Saturday, February 27, 2010

How many kids does she have?

My office assistant was telling me about an interesting conversation between my co-workers the other day.  Someone who had worked for us long ago had stopped by and the staff were bringing him up to speed on the changes among those of us still working there.  Someone apparently told Joe that I now had 4 children.  That was enough to leave him speechless (laughing) but then one of my other co-workers piped up and said, "no she has 5."  Where I guess they all started counting kids and pointing out that I had 4 in my home.  But the person who counted 5 said--"but there's Fiona."

I can't tell you how cool I thought that was.  The guy who recognized the daughter of my heart is a fellow that I probably have the rockiest work relationship with of anyone in our company.  Yet in that moment he showed caring and insight that I would never have believed possible.

No comments: