Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Party Time

Today was Kirsty's birthday.  I had taken a vacation day as I wanted to help the kids make this a special day for her.  We thought she could start by having a free breakfast at Dennys which offers free breakfast on your birthday. She likes their food so it seemed like a plan.  Except that 40 million other people must have had the same birthday. The line went out the door and around the building.  Even K thought a grand slam wasn't worth that and left! LOL  She breakfasted elsewhere, went to the doctor for a minor medical issue, and did some errands.  It is a treat for her to do errands sans children.  Me, I need the kids when I do errands.  I need those extra eyes to help me because I am not a shopper.  I really hate shopping.  The kids make it fun. Weird, I know, but there you go.  People are always laughing after they have listened to the kids and i shop so apparently they brighten other people's days as well.  Or the other people just think I am a nut job and are laughing at me.  But I digress.

While she was off doing whatever, we were going to many stores getting ready to party hearty!  We had to hit the grocery store, the local discount store for a few gifts, and the famous iparty. Oh my gosh do my kids adore iparty.  I think they consider that a field trip.  Truly.  We didn't get home till 11 .  I gave them a small snack, Lissa and I made the chocolate birthday cake, I cleaned the kitchen and did lunch.  Then KC and i made vanilla cupcakes (I can't eat chocolate and KC hates it).  The kids wrapped their gifts and we all decorated the dining room.  Then they were needing to decompress so I sent them outside to play.  I frosted and decorated the cake and cupcakes, did some house chores and chatted with K when she got home.  She had lunch, went for a walk.  I helped the kids make their cards for her.

K and I were having chinese food but the kids hate that so I cooked for them.  The party was excellent.  The dining room had an asian theme, sort of a nod to Chinese new year which is approaching later this month and the Chinese food we were ingesting.  I did our party favors ( little notebooks ,skittles and pastel colored m and ms) in little pink boxes that looked like what Chinese take out is in.  There were balloons everywhere.  The plates were asian looking and the tablecloth a pretty burgundy.  We had a Chinese paper lantern and streamers.  It looked awesome.  The kids were so proud.  K got jewelry a box that Rob made for her, some make up and a Kindle.  She was so stunned to get a kindle.  It is funny cause I have had it in my closet for over a month.  LOL


The busy crew!  I love the fact that it was fun for them to prep for this.
Balloons are always big with our gang. Rob mans the helium tank.
The hanging Chinese lantern
Chet loved the little favor boxes.  He kept making believe they were little mouths and making these goofy sounds.  It was really very very funny!
Birthday gal

.The table before we demolished it at the party!

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Happy Birthday to Kirsty!!! A Kindle - very nice! What a great smile on Chet playing with the boxes... And nice to finally see a photo of the mysterious Ms. K.

Todd said...

Happy birthday, Kirsty!