Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why I would vote for universal health care

OK so I have been feeling increasingly icky.  Yesterday I managed to get up at quarter of 6, feed the tribe and go back to bed and lie down till 7:30.  At that point I got up, got dressed and staggered to work.  I will be the only person in the office at least during the mornings for about 2 weeks while my coworker does unit inspections.  Therefore, being out of the office totally just wasn't an option.  I did minimal work, considering that I thought talking and being erect counted as major work. LOL  When my coworker returned, I went home and crawled back into the sanctuary of my bed.  I slept and tried to ignore the ringing in my ears, the congestion of head and chest and various other maladies.  My wife, kindly called our doctor.  Our doctor was on vacation.  She called the covering physician who determined that I likely needed an antibiotic at this point.  At 11:20 a.m. precisely the covering physician said they sent our pharmacy the script. 

Except that I still don't have it.  We checked all afternoon and into the evening. We checked early this morning.  My last name is a combo of my wife's last name and mine, so we checked under just one or the other, we checked under both, we checked with hyphen and without.  Nada.  And of course today, the unit inspections continue so I am back at work today.  Luckily the ear ringing is somewhat less and it is less of a marvelous achievement to sit erect, though breathing is still a work in progress.

So why are we as Americans so unwilling to share this wonderful bounty of health care with all citizens????  I think everyone should have the pleasure of such wonderful health care!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Get well soon!

I agree 100% that the USA should have universal health care.

Lisa said...

Would love to see "good" universal health care. Being without it is still scary to me.

Hoping you feel much better really soon!