Sunday, February 14, 2010

Teddy Bear's 100th Birthday!


It isn't every day a bear turns 100!  LOL  I didn't know that KC's bear was quite that old, but apparently in KC's eyes, this was to be Bear's 100th birthday. So it was.  We had a lot of fun.  My mom, who was gunning for bear ( pardon the pun) when she arrived, angered and perhaps frightened over how to handle change in her life, was charmed despite herself. She was amazed that the 2 little kids really did the party themselves.  Yes, I baked the tiny cupcakes but they served the iced tea, did the invites, made Bear's gift and assembled all Bear's friends for the day.  KC made sure we all sang Happy Birthday to bear.  Bear also seemed to like his new blanket and pillow as he was sleeping comfortably on it last night.

I love that my kids have such imaginative fun. And it took a fair piece of time which involved my mom in something fun and magical and took her mind off saying things that could be hurtful.  She has since returned home this morning, and for the moment, seems a bit happier. She seems to understand at least a bit, why her plan was not enonomically wise.  I think she is still angry with me as I was the bearer of those bad tidings.  Such is life. 

No comments: