Friday, February 26, 2010

My "big" family

I guess by todays standards I have a big family.  I don't really think 4 kids is a big family but I guess by today's standards it is.  I had a funny conversation with  someone from church this week.  Sundays are often busy for us. I am an assistant in KC's class and there is a meeting at 10 a.m. this week that I have to attend.  I also will have all 4 kids with me as this is Kirsty's "runaway mom" day.  Once a month she has a day to go do whatever she wants to do.  This Sunday is that day. 

After committing to the meeting I got an email from a parent in KC's class.  His class is responsible for the fellowship hour after the service this week.  This is typically not a coffee hour that my family goes to.  As we have a dual service option I go to the coffee hour after the first service, stay for the second service and try to boogie right out the door after service. This gets us home around 12:40 p.m. or so and I find that works pretty well for the troops.  But, I also want to have KC be part of what his class is doing.  So I told the woman that I would make a big batch of sugar cookies, and bring cheese and crackers.  We would be able to stay for about 40 minutes of the fellowship time to help set up and begin the serving.  Here's the part that cracked me up.  The woman said that it was fine for me to just bring the food donations because she had no idea how "I did it all" with so many children--she couldn't do it with one!"  OK so now I have to try and keep a straight face as i truly don't think 4 children is this onerous huge task.  It is just our family and we are used to things and have a system.  But heck, if the dear sweet lady wants to view me as overburdened, I'll get to go home at my usual time and that's okay with me too!

1 comment:

Todd said...

I suppose if you're used to 4 then it doesn't seem all that difficult to get it "all" done. Good you have a system. Cool!