Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And KC goes to bed!

KC's new bed arrived today.  Clearly I didn't need to order the frame as this made it waaaaay too tall.  Without the frame it is exactly as tall as my bed. It is at the bottom of my bed as I write this.  With the cosleeping bolster as a bed guard for him to cuddle and to keep him from falling out.  With his comfy sheets. With his blanket.  His bear.  And . . . him!

At 7:30 I typically put on a popular PBS on demand show that just plays sleepy music.  It is like a tranquilizer dart to him and he falls asleep in minutes.  Literally in minutes.  Then I work downstairs for a few hours and eventually carry him up to bed.  Tonight, I will walk up to bed all by myself! 

I am almost afraid to hit the publish button; as if saying this aloud will somehow jinx me.  But I think our little guy is just having a total power surge of confidence and I am loving watching this happen. And I am also feeling good about the fact that I haven't pushed any of this.  I have let it be on his terms, in his time and in his way.  There are so many things out of children's control. I try to let them have a say when it is possible and reasonable. 

No comments: