Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This and That

It's only Tuesday but this has been an odd week.   But tonight could be a lot of fun.  Hopefully Fiona will call. K just finished making a poncho for her and I can't wait to tell her about it.   And after that, we are hopefully going to a book launch party at a library a few towns away from us.  A friend of ours writes the most amazing science books for kids.  She wrote one about ocean currents called "Tracking Trash"  and now is launching a new book on honeybees. (The Hive Detectives)  Tracking trash is such an interesting book that Rob and I read it together as his bedtime reading for about a week or so.  I can't wait to get our hands on the new book.  And hey, I have never been to a launch party for a book before!

In other science related news, I almost succeeded in killing our ant colony.  Seems my decision to encase the top in tape covered their air holes.  (seriously how much air does an ant need???  Answer:  more than they were getting).  Regrettably, we discovered my error in time to save their creepy, I mean interesting and valuable little lives.  They are back to digging tunnels and doing ant things.  I thought they were just resting.  Really.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Good save for those ants.

Lee said...

Would have been an even better save if I truly had wanted them to live! ROFL