Saturday, May 15, 2010

"The Bee's Knees"

Well, technically this is not the bee's knees, it is the bee's face.  He was nervous today, his first dance recital ever.   But he did really well.  No tears, great mime work for the "acting" part. (he was supposed to become an angry bee)  I did have to lurk back stage as he felt that he needed to know I was there but once on stage, he wasn't really looking to me.  He was just doing what he was there to do.  Nana did not make it down in time to see the show.  He was great about it.  He looked regretful for a moment and then he said, "well, she can see me next year!"  So I guess he plans on continuing his dance adventures?  We have to discuss this as he also wants piano lessons!  And big brother Rob is suddenly interested in playing piano, which I find wonderrful and exciting but I could in rather short order become very broke!  ROFL  All things in moderation, children, even the arts!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love that they are interested in the arts! Cute pic too!

Mama Drama Times Two said...

So glad to hear the buzz on tonight's performance! Broadway - look out.

Todd said...

Awesome that he did well in the recital! :)