Monday, May 31, 2010

Wild Monday!

Today we took our yard sale earnings, added a bit of cash to it, and went to a wonderful zoo that my kids adore. Actually I adore it too.  It is not in our state, so there is a bit of a drive, but it is just really nice.  Spacious habitats, beautiful paths, it is well laid out in so many different ways.  The kids had a blast.  K took a zillion pictures, most of which are really good.  I could post elephants, flamingos, a tortoise that seems to be looking right at the camera.  Or maybe a snow leopard or the moon bear that Lissa loved.  The harbor seal that entertained us so completely.  But instead:

this picture cracks me up. There was this station where you could see how far you could jump and compare it to other creatures.  (for the record, the aforementioned snow leopard can leap 50 ft!) KC and Lissa gave it a go and could jump nearly 4 feet, almost as much as a flea.  Rob and I were up next and I was proud to tie a rabbit at 6 ft, until Rob beat me out with a moon bear at 8 ft!

I am so lucky to have had this day, this entire weekend with the family I love.  This week is a horrid week at work and then the coming weekend is crazy busy--a trip to the big City and Fiona on Saturday which is fun but tiring and then a busy Sunday with some church responsibilities.   I have an inspection on Wednesday at work, and tomorrow K has to work some extra hours. . . I have been blessed with a tiny respite before the craziness continues.

1 comment:

Todd said...

I haven't been to a zoo in ages. Glad you all had a great time, even if you didn't win the jumping contest.

Try not to stress too much the next couple of weeks. *reminder* *smile*