Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scrambled Saturday

You know that adage about life happening when you make other plans?  That IS my life. Because I am a planner.  I like things orderly. Plus I have 2 kids who seriously need order and 2 more that just benefit from it but could probably live without the level of structure the 2 older ones need.

Today is KC's first dance recital performance.  My mom wanted to see him dance. I bought her a ticket.  I also planned to celebrate her birthday party post dance recital.  You know, just in case we all were not hyped enough and exhausted enough from the dance recital?  Did I mention I am in charge of keeping KC's entire class happy and occupied for 4 fun filled hours???  Yup, truly I am.

I have photocopied coloring pages.  I have purchased fruit loops to make necklaces with.  I have purchased a variety of peanut free snacks.  And beverages.  And flowers for the teacher.  I get home from the grocery store at 8 this morning and K tells me my mom has car trouble.

I call my mother. She is upset. Car shakes badly on the highway. She is going to take it back to where she bought it a few months ago and see if it is a quick fix.  In a best case scenario she is now going to be here when we return from the recital. If she is arriving at my house by 12:30 or 1 I will be likely to leave Robbie here to welcome her. But if it is later than that I am not really comfortable with leaving him.  He is nearly 14 but his ability to self control situations like that is limited.  It is a time where I do see PTSD responses that have logical correlations to some negative things around his first years. Chet will be here but Chet is not an "adult" except in actual years. He would not reassure Rob, nor would he keep him from touching or doing things that he should not do.

But if I bring him, he has to sit for the performance alone and that is not going to go well either.  Alternatively I have him back with me and Lissa and KC and his class.  Egads!  Then there is No. One. in the audience watching the little bee take the stage.  Sigh. 

No comments: