Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fiona's okay

I got into work this a.m. and there was a long awaited email from Jane.  I chuckled as the title of her email was "three crybabies" in reference to all of us sniffing and sobbing during the Tuesday phone call.  She apologized for not giving me a heads up earlier.  Fiona does a phone plan before she calls, but it is pretty much right before the phone is dialled.  She listed the topics we went over as her questions for the call.  Jane spent some extra time talking with her trying to be sure she was ready to hear the answers.  Probably scary for Jane as she hadn't talked with me and didn't know what my answers would be.

I was impressed (once I had a chance to calm down myself) with the fact that Fiona could do all this emotional work with Jane and I and then talk for at least a few minutes with each of the kids and just have normal kid conversations.  This is a new ability for her.  Usually she is so overwhelmed that such a thing is not possible.

Anyway, for now it is looking good.  I expect there will be some backsliding in control and behavior and am thankful she is in a place with staff that can handle such things appropriately and kindly.  And I hope that this is really the beginning of some healing for Fiona's bruised and battered soul.

1 comment:

Todd said...

That's great that she did so well on the phone. Awesome!