Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My little gymnast



Today was Lissa's introductory gymnastic class. My friend Laura has a daughter who takes gymnastics at a local school and she said Lissa could try a lesson for free this month. So we arranged for the trial today.  It meant I had to work through lunch so that I could leave work early.  Not really a problem as most days I have to work through my lunch and leaving at 3 was sort of a treat! 

Lissa did great!  My biggest concern was if she would sit and listen to instructions. She is a wee dervish, my Lissa. But she did and the class size is small, 4 to 6 kids and there are stations that they all work at so there is not a lot of time that they are not moving. 

Truly the only thing she could not do was a cartwheel. She could do the assisted handstand which surprised the instructor. She said most of the 3 y/o's don't have that arm strength when they first come to class.  I said she has 3 brothers. LOL She loved the beam exercises, which had fun things like waving your arms with butterflies attached when you walked along it, or stepping over little rubber lizards etc.  She just was so in her element.  We have signed up for the remainder of this session.

No comments: