Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Growing and Growing!

Fiona, that is.  Tonight she called as usual. Bubbly and happy.  Which was good as I was on day 2 of migraine life and was lucky to be erect and talking.  I for sure had no pearls of wisdom to share with my daughter.  And I do not ever talk about not feeling well with Fiona.  With most of my kids actually.  They stress.  But in Fiona's and Rob's case there is a perception either real or imagined, that their first mom was ill and that is why she could not care for them. So me being ill equates to not being cared for.  Rob is actually probably nearing some understandings of the differences between me being ill and his first mother, but I am pretty sure Fiona isn't.  But I am rambling.

Fiona wanted to thank K for the poncho she made her.  So they actually talked for a while which doesn't happen all that often. And in the course of conversation, Fiona started talking about her EZ Bake oven that is still here. We never got the green light to ship it so we have continued to store it.  Of her own volition, Fiona suggested that we give it to Elisabeth, from her. 

This is so huge I am still trying to wrap my mind around it.  The oven is almost a symbol for Fiona of a number of different things. Some not good, some that are good. But throughout the 9 years since we gave it to her, she has clung to the fact that it was hers and was waiting for her.  But last night, she articulated that she was growing up and really too old for it and that Lissa would love it.

Lissa is of course technically too young for it. But we said that on Lissa's birthday we will wrap it up and it will be from Fiona and we will take pictures of Lissa opening it. And using it the first time, so Fiona can see how much joy she has given her little sister.  Even after writing this out, I am still so amazed by it all!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Awesome. Sounds like she's had some sort of breakthrough. Yes!!