Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Carnival Preparations

A couple of months ago KC announced to me that he wanted to have a carnival for his friends this summer. We talked about it off and on.  He is a child who is full of ideas, and oddly enough usually  has a grasp of what kind of things are practical and achievable.  I explained that it sounded like fun but we would have to do it as low cost as possible. (as in we are not renting a $150.00 bounce house etc)   He answered that we could make the games and have a crafts table.  He knew which of his friends have food allergies and had a list of snacks that everyone could absolutely eat.  How could I say no?

K says it is my fault because I am one for celebrating things all the time.  LOL  If it is my "fault" that I have a 6 year old who can plan a party, I'll take the blame.  We ramped up the preparations this week as I thought it would take his mind off Robbie not being home.  (despite that effort we have a very obvious countdown going on with both Lissa and KC to his return on Saturday). KC has decided on the games--a fishing game, a ball toss into a large tote, kids horseshoes, a clothes pin into a bottle, and knocking cans over with a ball. He has crafts, rock painting, sand art and making suns out of paper plates.He has snacks of pop corn, graham cracker sticks, freeze pops, lemonade, and pretzels  He picked out prizes today.  Boxes of crayons, bubble stuff, and stickers. 

Now I just hope that his friends are available to come.  The date is July 24th and I am sending out his invitations tomorrow hoping to get it on people's calendars early enough. 

1 comment:

Todd said...

Wow, that is impressive that he can plan a party so well. Kudos to you! Hope it's a good one!!