Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cloudburst Picnic

Yesterday our city was supposed to have its annual music and fireworks festival. We go every year.  The venue is about 3/4  a mile from our home and we typically walk down (In years past I have done this wearing children in slings, wearing children on my back and pushing children in double strollers.  I am clearly insane but trust me the traffic AFTER the event is much more insane if you are trying to drive!)

At any rate, yesterday the weather did not cooperate.  It rained, essentially all day long.  And since KC had all ready warned me that he was planning on crying if we could not go. (I am laughing here but he was serious) I needed something fun.

I don't usually let the kids eat meals in the living room.  So I suggested we have a picnic in the living room and watch a movie together.  It took about 30 minutes just to decide on a movie everyone liked.  LOL  Then we set out the quilt. KC and Lissa helped make popcorn and put cheese curls in bowls and carry them in.  I cooked veggie burgers and brought in the sweet tea.  (my new addiction incidently) And we ate and watched Cars.

I wrote to my mom and told her about our picnic because I thought it was fun and cute.  She wrote back a snarky comment that implied that I had no rules for my children.  Sigh.  I am glad at this moment we live 2 states away from each other.

1 comment:

Todd said...

I think the picnic sounds like a lot of fun. Haven't had one in ages.