Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's summer now!!!

OK I know it has been summer for a while but the thing is that morning glories are a huge  part of summer for me. And ours (and most of them in our neck of the woods have been very delayed in blooming this year.  I love to look out my back door at morning glories blossoming all over the lattice that we put up each year for them to twine about.  This year luckily our tall zinnias and our nasturciums have given me spots of beauty as I sip my morning tea.  Because until today, the 18th of August, not a "morning glorious" as KC calls them, had bloomed. 

When I saw it blooming this a.m. I had to take a picture and all the kids had to come out and admire the flower. Truly a bit of beauty that was a gift from the goddess just before I went to work.  Things have been so busy and stressful there lately that the memory of that flower brought me moments of joy all day.  Easy to please aren't I?