Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hello and Goodbye Irene!

Hurricane Irene has been and gone.  We were blessed and have no damage.  Leaves down and our sunflower is lost but other than that, nothng in our yard reflects her passing.  We were prepared for much worse and never even lost our power.

So it was actually a relaxing and fun day.  I made red sauce from fresh tomatos, packed the kids clothes for camping (we leave Thursday about noon) played battleship with the kids and Wii fit with them.  Then Rob and I decided to check out how we would do our fantasy football teams this year.  In years past we did this through the SI Kids site and it was a fun and friendly little competition of ours. Then SI Kids didn't do it and subbed this out to another site last year.  Rob did pretty well with it but it kept losing my data and that was frustrating for the 2 of us. It really is about us competing with each other in a friendly way and I think it wasn't as much fun for him to come out well when he never knew what I could have accomplished! LOL

I found a fantasy football site and we signed up. Then it turned out that there was an actual draft for this!  OK I just stepped into fantasy football big leagues!  My draft was this afternoon so Rob and I kind of did it together which allowed him to watch how to not navigate the site and choose ones players.  His draft is 8 p.m. tonight so I will get to watch him breeze through it.  I never would have thought that fantasy football would be part of my life if you had asked me when I was in my 20's  I was a dancer for goodness sake.  While I always liked football, it was sort of in that general way.  Raising boys who like it makes you need to be knowledgeable, trust me!

So goodbye Hurricane Irene, I'm glad you didn't feel the need to stick around!

No comments: