Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dance Dance Dance!


We went shopping for this years dance gear this evening.  It occured to me that Lissa of the incredibly narrow feet might need shoes specially ordered or something. So rather than wait to find out, a week before class starts (my usual plan!!) I took them out tonight.

In a totally happy turn of events, the tap shoes have a strap that looks like a buckle but isn't and snug in beautifully around her narrow little feet. The ballet slippers are a less perfect fit but don't slip at the heel so they will be fine for a first year student. 

KC got his usual black tie taps and black ballet slippers.  He is way easy. This is a small local store and I am sure I could likely find tights and leotards far more cheaply on line. But I do try and support local businesses when I am able and the owner is just so nice.  I can tell she remembers us, as this is our third year shopping there.

It was funny though because as I was checking out she asked if I had a tights card.  I don't know what I thought she said but I didn't get it and asked her to repeat. When she said it and I did hear it, I still had no clue.  She explained and then it was clear to us both!  Duh!  I have not had to buy tights for a dancer till this year, so I did not have a tights card or know about the punch system for a discount! LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Following back from WaterRollsUphill. I must say that the watercolor hearts in your banner are beautiful. The children look so very happy in their new dance shoes/outfits!
Elizabeth