Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bounce House Therapy

Today was crazy busy at my job. We have an obligatory "fun" outing to attend on Friday and thus a 5 day work week morphs into four not so fun filled days. (there is also that small question of fun that is "required" but I am choosing not to think about that!)  I do know that I ordered a salad for myself today and it arrived at 1:15 p.m. and I had no time to eat it till 2:30  By then I almost didn't care anymore!

So I wasn't really loving the idea that I had a commitment to take the kids to their friend A's house tonight for a get together. A has a birthday this month and because their family is so large (a party of 65 is really all the close family! LOL)  they do a smaller get together for friends before his actual birthday.  It really started at 1 today but K was busy so I had said I could bring the gang by after work.  Work that went late and I was supposed to be at A's house at 4:30 

Still I am so glad we went. They are good friends, and I enjoy spending time with them.  And. . .  They had a bounce house!  LOL A bounce house grown ups could bounce in.  Want to know something?  You just can't remain stressed while bouncing in a bounce house.  Can't.do.it!  Also, Rob came up with us, even though A is 5 and really Lissa and KC's friend.  He loved the bounce house, and flipped (literally) in it.  He went swimming in the pool, voluntarily.  And teased me about how silly I looked wearing his baseball hat backwards the way he does. (he gave it to me to hold while he was in the water and I put it on)  I told him I was trying to look "street" like he does and he totally cracked up.

It was good to see him laughing; I had wondered what today would bring after our discussion last night.

No comments: