Thursday, July 5, 2012

And We're Off!

Yesterday was our annual 4th of July BBQ.  The kids god parents always come and spend the day with us and it is a lot of fun. This year the kids friend from next door also joined us.  He is a cute little guy who kind of lives at our house these days.  There are a myriad of issues there that should not be blogged but I never mind having an extra kid around.  After the  meal, the kids played in the back yard, in the sprinkler and then rode scooters in the driveway.  It was a blast.

Today Lissa Rob KC and I leave for a camping trip and will return on Sunday.  We are going to meet other friends in the White Mountains and celebrate their daughter's birthday.  My mom is coming down tomorrow to hang out with Chet for the day as she does not h ave as much one on one time with him when we are all there.  I appreciate that greatly.  K has to work on Saturday and Chet does not like being alone. However he also would not like this camping trip which is very kid oriented and also in a new camping place.  That could work eventually but not on the heels of having a busy day yesterday with the bbq.  One of the things I have learned over the years is that he needs to have stuff spaced out in order to be successful at social situations.

So I have my  fingers crossed for good weather but rain or shine, we will find a way to have fun!

No comments: