Monday, July 2, 2012

The good, the bad and the crazy!

Well right off the top, life is crazy!  Last week I was in the Big City the last 3 days of the week for work.  I had to leave home before the kids got up and returned not too much before the littles went to bed.  Plus Rob was gone.  They were not amused.  They let us know.

This week has its own crazy.  We have moved on to the next room requiring renovations.  Our front hall, poor neglected room.  It is 12 x 12 and the paper is at least 20 years old.  Probably longer.  Which means it should strip off easily off the old  horsehair plaster walls.  And it does. . . except where it has bonded like a glacier pressed it into place.  I spent most of the weekend devoting time to the stripping process.  The next 2 days I have work at my usual office.  Wednesday we have our annual 4th of July BBQ with some close friends who are also godparents to our tribe.  Thursday I work till noon and then leave to take the kids camping through Sunday.  Another set of close friends and I do this annually and it is a blast.  But that also means there should be camping prep in there somewhere.  So far, camping prep has consisted of a pile of clothes for the littles that I put in my room.  I think I need a bit more than that to make this work!

Rob and his girlfriend are going out on Tuesday night, so there will be transport and time involved in that.  We have a double order of piece work to get done for the factory so my fingers are flying at night when everyone except Rob and I have gone to bed.  We created the invitations for KC and Lissa's summer party (to be held on 8/25) and I need to spend some time figuring out the logistics of that.  Some stuff is in place but there will be lots of kids so we need a wide variety of things to do.

But you know what?  Some how, most of it will happen.  And it will be good!

No comments: