Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Rain

In all reality I should have posted a picture of Lissa blowing a bubble with her gum today. She practiced for hours and finally achieved her goal.  My youngest daughter is nothing if not tenacious, a personality trait that will ultimately serve her well in life I am sure.

But I personally love this particular shot.  We have been parched here in the northeast.  Our city has a water ban so finding ways to cool off the kids has required some creativity.  Today, the Goddess gifted us with a downpour and Lissa was playing in the the rain flow after the storm. There is just something about this picture that grabs me.

Speaking of pictures, I ordered some posters and prints for my office at work and they arrived today.  I went to allposters dot com and found some art with an ocian theme--one of a lighthouse we visit often, one of surf, one of a pebble strewn beach, and one of a shimmering shell.  They are all different sizes so that I can hopefully generate some thing artistic and visually stimulating in my space.  K is going to look for frames this weekend as on Saturday she will be staying in the city after work for a few hours.  Rob is going to his girlfriends house for a 'social gathering' (Kids are so high class these days--my crowd went to "hang out") on Saturday. I am dropping him off, K agreed to pick him up at 8 and bring him home.  Thus she may opt to do some frame shopping.

August 1st!  I can't really believe that the month of July is over.  Though signs of the wheel turning are evident.  I have seen some premigratory flights and yesterday heard geese honking early in the a.m.  The crickets are making a veritable symphony at night.  I try to soak all the sounds of summer up because I need to remember them in the still of winter.


No comments: