Friday, January 29, 2010

There is a light at the end of the tunnel . . .

and it isn't a train!  LOL  I am feeling slightly better but Kirsty decided that she would postpone her family's visit until later in February.  She could tell that I was wiped and thought it was the better part of valor.  I would have gone with the visit because I don't like to stress other folks out.  I am glad she is better at making sure I take care of myself than I am!  So the weekend while not quiet per se, will be way less busy and noisy and that is a good thing. 

I have finished 2 of the big projects here at the office.  I had a 90 minute conference call today for a grant we are trying to get here to expand our site's computer lab capacity for our tenants.  It is a great thing and I would love to see it happen but grants sure suck time up in a big BIG way.

Funny story though. My office is rapidly becoming at least as secure as Fort Knox due to new federal guidelines issued.  Cabinets are locked, not just office doors, and now my computer must be password protected.  I keep telling people I am a computer dunce.  People don't believe me.  So my main office sent a letter explaining how to do the protection.  I called someoen in my main office to have them walk me through as I was not sure that i was reading it correctly. She assured me that I was and i proceeded.  Together we made my computer so secure I was locked out of it till   today when the computer tech could bail me out!

2 comments:

Todd said...

LOL. That's funny about securing your computer so well that even you couldn't get in. *grin*

Channie said...

Haha that is awesome!

Glad your feeling better!