Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I talk with the prospective piano teacher

Last night I called the fellow that KC's music teacher recommended as a piano teacher for Rob.  He sounds super nice and should be a good fit for my quiet guy.  He lives here in town and teaches out of his home which is not far from us.  I explained that the reason Rob wants to learn piano is that the lead singer on The Fray plays piano and Rob is all about hte Fray.  Joe said he actually uses The Fray's music with some of his students.  That is so extremely cool.  I said I knew Rob was not an aficionado of classical music so learning The Blue Danube Waltz or Fur Elise or something would probably send him screaming from the room.  Luckily, Joe seems to enjoy many types of music and he is willing to focus more on contemporary music with Rob.  He'll call back in a couple weeks with the class schedule.

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

That was quick1

Lee said...

Yup, I didn't want time to go by and have him think that I wasn't moving on a request he finally found a voice for!

Todd said...

Hope he enjoys the lessons.