Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The visit is planned!

Fiona called last night.  She was very excited, both about the pending visit and because she had been off campus for something today.  I think truthfully it might have been a doctors appt but it culminated in a burrito and a sprite so it was fun!  She has decided that our visit will have the painting Lissa has been longing for, but also a tea party.  Her advocate is from across the pond and Fiona and another student have decided to give her a tea party.  There will be chocolate and tea sandwiches and  tea and small cookies that I have been charged with making. (in addition to the mac and cheese for lunch! LOL)  I don't mind, we make up batches of sugar cookie dough and freeze them for just such eventualities.  And I have  very tiny cookie cutters that I can use so they will be easy to pack and look festive on a plate.

When she told KC about the tea party KC predicatably said "Tea party?  I LOVE tea parties!"  So he and Lissa are totally on board.  Rob thinks it is kind of funny. Rob tends to avoid tea parties at our house with the proverbial ten foot pole.  But I reminded him about the chocolate and he is all about chocoate!  Plus I tried to get across how good it is for his sister to a) be working with a peer to accomplish a goal and b) for her to share that with us.

KC and Lissa both have colds.  KC was up a few times in the night coughing and congested.  I always worry when he is sick; he always seems to be just that bit sicker than the other kids.  Lissa and I actually got the cold first and Lissa is really nearly over it.  I never really came down with it totally thanks to my cherry zinc lozenges that I eat when I first feel symptomatic.  They blew it right out of my symptom.  I know zinc is controversial but it works for me. (in some people it has been linked with loss of the sense of smell.  I have not had a sense of smell since I was 9 so I figure I have not much to worry about!)

1 comment:

Todd said...

Ya know, I've never actually been to a tea party. Sounds fun! Therefore I humbly ask for a video or at least pictures. Well, a really good post-game summary would be alright :-)