Sunday, August 29, 2010

Visit Picture

Our visit yesterday was amazing.  Here is one of my favortie pictures from the day, taken by the amazing Jane.   It was a really really good visit.  Fiona was able to actually tell me face to face how hard she is working of "forgetting" the past and how she has always wanted to come home to us and is working on coming to grips with the fact that she can't.  We talked about how most 18 year olds would be working toward some other kind of living arrangements but how she is and always will be family and we are here for her. Some of this she has done via phone but it was a spontaneous conversation she initiated in the art room with me and I think it is pretty huge. I think it is harder to say things to someone that are so charged when you are face to face and she did so well.  She gave lots of hugs to me too which is very different. Usually I get one or two hugs but the majority of touch contact is for the kids. 

I am so glad the kids are seasoned travelers as I had a rotten migraine but didn't have to drive so it worked out. I am so glad that the mac and cheese she asked me to bring travelled well and lived up to her expectations.  (laughing)   I will write more later as it was an amazing day but today I have much to do and precious little time to spend on the computer!

1 comment:

Todd said...

Nice to finally see Fiona! Super glad the visit went so well and how far she's come with the situation. Awesome!