Thursday, August 19, 2010

We interupt this vacation to bring you. . . work!

I am supposed to be off today but work calls.  Our site has been for sale for at least the last six years. It could be longer. I have KNOWN about it for 6 years but I think that the sites don't necessarily know right off.  Lots of wheeling and dealing at the upper levels before us lowly front line folk find out our futures might be impacted.

Today the company that has been trying to buy us has another site visit and while my boss would have honored my vacation time he looked extraordinarily relieved when I volunteered to come in.  So I will leave in a bit and do work stuff today and with luck, my vacation resumes tomorrow.

As I write this I am listening to KC learn recorder with K.  I am in awe of people who read music. I speak multiple languages but can't do that.  He has all ready got 3 notes down and they have only been working on this for a few weeks.  Course he is also teaching himself how to rap and beat box in his spare time. LOL  Last night walking home from the park he was telling Lissa to "just sing whatever you want" and then he was fitting all these rhythms and sounds that he made all around what she did.  It was fascinating to watch the two of them, especially since I am a person who if I sing always has to sing the dominant melody line.  (and don't ever ask me to sing a round!)

Rob felt compelled to smuggle a lot of books and music into his room last night and obviously had himself a late night party as he was still asleep when I went in at 6:30.  Sigh.  I wish he would ASK instead of feeling that he had to sneak.  I almost always say yes if he asks, hoping that seeing that this can happen that it will make him brave enough to ask more.  I try offering things, hoping he will see that willingness on our part.  For instance, he has stayed up late to watch 3 movies with me this summer and I had thought he would be up watching football tonight. But the game starts late and I fear he has used up his late night mojo for now.  He is walking around with glazed eyes and zombie movements.  Sigh. 

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

OK the fact that you can say "dominant melody line" gives you some musical authority...How cool he is gifted that way.

Todd said...

Eldin stays home most of the time too. I have no idea what he thinks at almost 15. *sigh*