Saturday, August 14, 2010

Changing plans

Today there is a hint of the fall yet to come in our fresh New England air!  The kids and i have done our morning errands. We have shopped for the week, done the banking and wonder of wonders, Rob even put money in his account voluntarily. He also voluntarily changed his account from a regular passbook to the new kind the bank offers kids which enters them in a weekly drawing to win a Wii system.  He asked what I would do if we won a wii as we all ready have one.  I said I had no idea. Actually I have several but none of them would likely entice him to continue putting money in his savings account so I will save that conversation for the day we actually win it.  Since I am pretty legendary in my inability to win much I figure I am not stressing. LOL

We are leaving in a little while to go to the local Spanish American Center summer celebration. These folks put on a summer youth camp for kids at the place where i work and i know them all well.  There will be a bounce house which is the big draw for Lissa and a clown, which KC is excited about.  Tomorrow we are going to a local agricultural fair to tour the exhibits and do whatever is there to experience.  I love those type of fairs!

I was supposed to have next Tuesday through Thursday off so we could camp but plans have changed.  K is not fully healthy yet and the forecast for those days has a good bit of rain in it. She is concerned that sleeping in the damp might not be the best for her and I tend to agree.  Then it turned out that the company that is trying to buy the site I work at wants to tour us again on Thursday. (this has been going on for like 6 yrs) I need to be there for that anyway.  So instead I will take Tuesday, Wednesday and part of Friday off.  One of those days we will go into the big City and visit an aquarium.  I have some discount coupons and a triple A membership to help defray that a bit.  One of the days I will also take the kids to a local diner they adore for breakfast.  It will still be fun, just different.

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I bet you don't know that your successful camping trip last year (to Maine maybe?) made me think we could go try camping with our two last August. Hey, if you could take your whole crew and still come back, smiling and in one piece... Looking forward to reading about this summer's day trips (which we call STAYCATION)Who knows...we may be bold enough to try a big city trip someday if yours goes well!

Todd said...

Sorry you won't be going camping as planned. But you have some good plans as the alternatives, which is awesome.