Monday, September 13, 2010

Birthday Celebrating!

So yesterday we celebrated my birthday.  My whole  birthday thing is sort of weird as I was actually born in January but claim September 9th as the day I  celebrate my birthday. But then this year September 9th was KC's first art class which effectively precluded having a party.  The following day was Rob's first piano lesson.  Ditto. Saturday my wife works a 10 hour shift so I had suggested we have the party on Sunday.  Which worked well except my poor wife was a little frazzled as she forgot about it. (laughing)  The kids of course didn't.  They are all about parties. 

KC decided that I would start the day with breakfast in bed and he got up at 5:30 with Kirsty to make that happen.  (fresh muffins in bed are a truly decadent pleasure!)  Lissa woke minutes later and came to my door.  In a loud stage whisper said to me:  "OOMA I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY."  Then she marched downstairs to help with the breakfast prep.  Her job was picking some flowers from our garden to bring up.  I am enjoying the last of our brown eyed susans in our room now.

Rob made me a braided necklace which is really cool. Somehow the braid is rounded.  I have no idea how he did it; he learned at camp.  Chet gave me a certificate for a CD of my choice (it was wise of him to let me choose as I have very different taste in music from him)  Lissa gave me a new vest to wear on chilly days when it isn't quite coat weather and my wife gave me a Patriots hoodie. 

I felt very very loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a morning of special treats to show you how loved you are. i enjoy reading about how loving you all are with eachother. Heidi

Todd said...

Happy birthday!