Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Migraine aid?

Earlier this week one of my residents came up to the office and asked if I read W*men's W*rld.  I didn't want to tell her usually it was my Chet who read them, but occasionally I do see cute desserts in them so I said sure.  I have helped her out with a few non business paperwork issues and I think she wanted to reciprocate by giving me something.

And she did. I was looking through it during my lunch and right after the cool cheese cake recipe was an article on a natural treatment for migraines that I had not heard of.  Sheesh. I thought I had tried them all.  Niacin therapies, feverfew, and more.  This  article talked about taking butterbur but it is something you take daily, not waiting for the crushing migraine to come say hello.  I went to a couple of the medical websites that I use for verification of data and got the brand name of a form of this herb that does not have something in the process that will kill my liver.  Apparently if one is not careful, there are capsules out there that may get rid of your migraine AND your liver.  Not a two fer that I am interested in.  So I have ordered the butterbur and we will see what happens.  It has been used pretty extensively in Europe for about 20 or so years.

It would be cool if it helps!

2 comments:

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I worry that the cure will kill me too with my migraine medicines (Relpax and Zomig) and I only take them when my migraines are totally beyond the realm of functioning.

Todd said...

Hope it helps and that you suffer no liver damage.