Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fionas Call, K's BP

Fiona called last  night.  She is doing well. She shared the letter she wrote to her cousin and it is amazingly mature.  In essence it says that she forgives her for disappearing out of her life and that she loves her and hopes that they can reconnect and work up to family visits.  It is huge for Fiona to embrace the concept of forgiveness; I am blown away by that.Typically she had only two default options, self blame or anger at the person.  I am less sure that the cousin will see herself as having things to be forgiven for, but I hope she just takes it in the spirit intended.

Unfortunately the amazing Jane is not available on Saturdays until early November so we won't get together till then.  If this visit was not scheduled to be our first off site visit, I would not really feel Jane needed to be there.  But it is, and the reality is, that a) I don't know the area at all and b) I don't know how Fiona will be off campus.  So we have scheduled for the first Saturday in November.  At least she has a date and although we will keep reminding her of that and use the weeks ahead to plan what we will do and where we will go.

Meanwhile my wife has found out that she appears to have hypertension. She is very surprised by this because she has been eating fairly healthfully and losing weight and exercising semi regularly.  I do think though that she holds onto a lot of stress and that may be more the culprit than diet or exercise.  Our MD wants us to buy a machine that will allow her to do a month of readings and then she will bring those to his office and they will decide at that time if medication is in her future.  Meanwhile, I am hoping she will consider yoga or meditation to help her relax mentally.

No comments: