Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bear with me!

In an odd turn of events for a homeschooling family, I am proud to introduce "back to school bear!"  Someone gave us this cute white teddy and while he was lovely, my kids have a ton of stuffed animals and I am chary about having too many around due to our allergies and KC's family history of asthma.  But the bear was so cute I turned him into a front porch decoration.  You can't really tell from the pic but the pencil he is holding is one we got as a souvenier somewhere and it looks like it was made from a twig.  Small things amuse me, what can I say?

I envision turning him into  Halloween bear for October, and something Thankgivingish in November and Santa's helper in December.  I figure why pay for those silly geese statues that you can dress up when I got a bear for free?  (actually the geese are not silly. I have long coveted them, but I also live in the town that invented the plastic pink flamingo so I figure I am predisposed to such things by osmosis or something!)

No comments: