Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This and That

Chet is relieved the floor will be green.  I don't know that he sees green in the same  hue we do, but it doesn't gross him out, nor will he gross out others.  KC is annoyed.  He feels the honey toned yellow we had chosen was beautiful, and although he really likes green is having a hard time letting go of his color choice.  We explained how the yellow bothered Chet and he said he should just "get over it."  The righteous indignation of an artist, but he will be the one who will get over it--Chet couldn't. The other kids are okay; they liked the green also.

K told the floor guy (who is a friend who supplies flooring where I work) how we came to our color choice.  He cracked up and said " oh I just saw something about autism on TV."  K said he ought to try living with it for 24/7.  LOL

Fiona called tonight and it was a good call.  She and I talked a bit about the music awards and the infamous shoes worn by Lady Gaga.  Fiona and i share a deep love of shoes and Gaga's are well--strange comes to mind!  LOL  Fiona  is going to write a letter to her cousin and wanted to know if I wanted her to say hi from me and Robbie.  Awkward moment as I am in occasional contact with her cousin but I know Fiona does not know this. Aside from the fact that this would look like I had been doing something deceptive behind her back, I think that the motivation for her question was because she  has a need for all the people in her family to like each other.  I think it is a huge step forward for her.  Before, there was definately a lot of compartmentalizing.  We were the substitutes.  We were the poor substitutes.  And I get the why of that.  She had every right to feel that way.  But now, we have so many years together that we are more than substitutes, though obviously occupy a different role and place in her heart than blood kin. Somehow together over the years, we have re-written her definition of family and it has become less threatening and she has embraced the love we offer.

 I hope that Nicole either picks up on this or is guided down that path by the esteemable Jane.  Fiona's healing is a fragile thing.  I feel like slowly a deep and infected wound is healing.  There will be a scar as there would from any major injury but there is also the chance of health.  I don't want anything to jeopardize that.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Green, eh? Hmm... I'm not sure I would like that a floor color. *smile* Anyway, glad all is good with Fiona.