Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The terror of Tinkerbelle

KC is not a brave soul.  Not filled with derring do like, say his little sister Lissa.  His is a sensitive and contemplative spirit.  I have long known this and it is fine with me.  But I had a very funny example of this 2 nights ago. 

KC woke up in the night with a bad dream.  He had to crawl into bed with me (which is fine) but unfortunately he woke before I came up to bed and laid there whimpering for who knows how long.  Last night as I tucked him into bed he informed me he would feel safer in my bed.  OK no biggie. I tucked him into my bed.  But I asked why he was so frightened.  We don't watch scary movies with the kids, and Sprout TV isn't known for scary images. 

"No more D*sney.com for me" he answered emphatically.  He had played on the computer Sunday afternoon and gone to that site with Rob.
I asked what scared him there.
"Tinkerbelle," he answered.

Can you imagine trying to keep a straight face when your 6 y/o tells you this?  It was hard but I am proud to say I accomplished that task.  I think it was actually a different character in the short clip he saw, not Tinkerbelle herself.  At least I hope so.  Lissa has decided to be Tinkerbelle for Halloween.  If he really was afraid of Tinkerbelle, it could be bad.  Very, very bad.  ROFL

2 comments:

Todd said...

Aw, poor guy. Did he explain any further about what exactly about Tinkerbelle scares him? Funny story!

Lee said...

Nope, he didn't but my coworker says sometimes they make the fairy eyes kind of glow and that might have done it. Still cracks me up though!