Friday, September 3, 2010

Song of peace and love

I have a favorite song that goes "when I breathe in, I breathe in peace, when I breathe out, I breathe out love."  We need to breathe in peace the next few days because next week the busy-ness of fall descends upon our quiet household.  (okay, so we are not a quiet household and you are all laughing, but things do ramp up!)

Homeschooling begins in full swing, not just "homeschool lite."  Wednesday, Lissa starts her gymnastics again and this means I have to skip lunch so that I can leave work early enough to bring her.  Thursday, KC has art lessons from 4:30 to 6 and on Friday, Rob has piano lessons at 3 p.m. (the teacher just called me today to set the date and time of his classes). Then on this coming Saturday I have to chair a meeting at church in the morning, and Kirsty resumes her Saturday work schedule.  Sunday will be wide open for our family though and if it is nice, I anticipate a hike in lieu of formal church.  The following weekend the kids and I go camping with friends from church at the ocean in Maine.  The following Saturday we add KC's dance class to our clipboards of fun and then we end the last Sunday in September with church in the morning and a trip to an adoption picnic in the afternoon.

At some levels coordinating all this is a challenge but it is also a joy.  I see our brood increasingly able to find their strengths and interests beyond their immediate sibling group and this is of course right, natural and healthy.  I just need to keep singing my song!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Sounds like a beautiful song! Don't know what to say really, other than you guys certainly have a busy life. Which seems to great for you. Awesome!

Todd said...

Of course I meant "seems to work for you" :-)