Sunday, October 2, 2011

Of Thor and Zeus

Watching movies with Rob is our "bonding" time.  We watch a flick once or twice a week and just hang out together.  Well, we hang out while I work as we watch the movie. But it is still our time.  Occasionally we invite Chet down to join us.  He does not always want to come.  Friday night when we watched the new transformer movie I was praying he would want to watch it.  No such luck.  I am not a big fan of the transformers. Gotta be an age thing.  They all look the same to me once they stop being cars, or busses or whatever and turn into those fireball slinging machines. LOL  So that was Friday night.

Saturday night I saw that we could see Thor.  I love mythology and Rob and I have enjoyed a couple of myth based movies. So I asked if he wanted to see it.  I explained it was based on the Norse mythological history, not Greek or Roman as we have more usually seen.  I said that in this Odin would be the head of the gods.

"Like Zeus?" he asked me.  I concurred.

"OK. . . oh at summer camp my friends all call me Black Zeus" he said with a laugh.

Apparently my son is a god-ling! 

No comments: