Wednesday, October 5, 2011

3 Days of quasi-vacation

My wife left at 3:30 this morning to fly to KY to visit a friend for a few days.  I put in for these 3 days as vacation time months ago. Then my boss was terminated and suddenly I was more important in the office.  Well probably the same amount of importance but my presence was more important.  I checked with my senior manager and he said I could still take the time, but I offered to work remotely from home as budget meetings happen in this time period. I was not scheduled to attend originally but clearly now I should have a voice. 

So yesterday I brought my laptop home. I usually use it in a more desktop fashion when I am at work. I personally hate laptops. I have long fingers and my typing accuracy is the pits when it is in laptop mode. But I digress.  I turned it on and connected to the internet but because my job has its own secure server I then had to call tech support and have them walk me through the process to do that.  It is done thankfully and so today I can be assessible to both of the important parts of my life--my children and my job.  Technology when it works is kind of cool! :-)

No comments: